Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Big Wedding Ideas & Little Book Review



I was suppose to review this book March of 2015. I was going to finally start my blog. A big part of it was going to be planning my wedding. The only problem, I was single for like four years at this time. No fiancĂ©. No boyfriend. No Wedding. No nothing. 

You are probably wondering why was I planning a wedding then? It was a joke. One night, or morning, I was combating insomnia by looking for wedding dresses on Kleinfeld. Because who doesn't browse for something they don't need at 3 a.m. in the morning. Before I knew it I had opened an account, set a wedding date, and picked out my favorite dresses. All I needed was the groom. 

I spent a little time feeling foolish, but after awhile that passed. I realized that I already had a Pinterest board dedicated to all things weddings. Wedding planning was already something I was doing in passing whenever I scrolled through my Pinterest feed. I could admit it was an interest of mine. So I thought, why not make it a series on my blog. I was just starting out and I needed something to write about. I was already doing it for fun anyway. However, everything fell apart. I got cold feet when it came to starting my blog. Everything changed this year. I've been blogging since March of this year and I feel like I can finally commit this time. So, I made the decision to read the book. 

If I was going to actually plan a wedding this is the perfect starting point. I am not one of those women who has planned their nuptials down to the ribbons on the party favors. I need a little help trying to figure what direction I want to go in. This collection is everything you could want in a Pinterest board put into four tiny books. They are perfect for carrying around when shopping or meeting with vendors. There are plenty of pictures to use for reference when you are trying to get people to understand your vision. Aside from the great photography the books give you the information you need to start the planning process: how to choose vendors, money saving tips, and any deadlines. The books even equip you with the correct terms to use when picking out things like cakes and stationary.

I have received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review. If you're a blogger you should check them out. They provide books from a wide range of interest.


Post a Comment